I’ve always had an interest in how games, animation and film were made, and so I was inspired to study Computer Animation at Teesside University. I have a particular love for the games industry and crafting vibrant and creative immersive worlds.
My work experience so far includes Senior Environment Artist at Oxford VR, creating immersive worlds to provide VR therapy for mental health issues, and 3D Artist at Draw & Code, working on a wide variety of exciting immersive technology projects.
Some notable projects:
- GameChange VR therapy for psychosis.
- Fear of Heights VR therapy.
- Draw & Code’s own AR toy and mobile game Swapbots.
- Designing assets for AR & VR fusion game demo Companion.
- Visual displays for the highly successful Terracotta Warriors exhibiton at Liverpool’s World Museum, which included having 3D structures I designed built in large scale for projection mapping.
I also dabbled as part of collaborative 3D and illustration trio Midnight Polygon. We worked on fun and experimental projects such as projection mapping for Light Night Liverpool 2015, and augmented reality mobile art game ‘Lost Objects’.
- Member of BAFTA Crew Games 2017-2020
- Conference Associate at GDC Europe 2015-2016.
- Volunteer Judge at Liverpool John Moore’s University Game Jam 2015
Awards: Cartridge Save’s 3D Print Cup – Best Team with Tengu-san
- English (Fluent)
- Cantonese (Fluent Speaking)
- Mandarin (Basic)
- Japanese (Basic)
If you would like to see my full CV, click here. To get in touch email: emilycheung3d (at) gmail.com