I’ve always had an interest in how games, animation and film were made, and so I went on to study Computer Animation at Teesside University. I then became a 3D Artist at Draw & Code, where I developed a wide range of skills working on a variety of exciting immersive technology projects.
Now you can find me in London, where I am a Senior Environment Artist at Oxford VR, crafting immersive worlds to provide VR therapy for mental health issues.
Some notable projects:
- GameChange VR therapy for psychosis.
- Fear of Heights VR therapy.
- Draw & Code’s own AR toy and mobile game Swapbots.
- Designing assets for AR & VR fusion demo Companion.
- Stunning visuals for the highly successful Terracotta Warriors exhibiton at the World Museum.
I also dabbled as part of collaborative 3D and illustration trio Midnight Polygon. We worked on fun and experimental projects such as projection mapping for Light Night Liverpool 2015, and augmented reality mobile art game ‘Lost Objects’.
Awards: Cartridge Save’s 3D Print Cup – Best Team with Tengu-san
Plus: Member of BAFTA Crew Games 2017-2020. Conference Associate at GDC Europe 2015-2016.
Languages: English, Cantonese (Fluent), Mandarin (Basic), Japanese (Basic)
If you would like to see my full CV, click here. To get in touch email: emilycheung3d (at) gmail.com